Thursday, December 27, 2012

Glazed Mosaics

Here it is, the final  technique in Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities, Vol. 2 challenge from Linda at Studio L3...I made it - all 34 techniques accomplished!  This week is glazed mosaics from page 60.
I have to say, of all the techniques I found this one the most challenging.  I started to get the hang of it but I'm not as happy with my results as I would like.  But, like they say, embrace imperfection!
So without further ado, here is my take on the glazed mosaics technique
Linda has promised one last hurrah on the challenges - we'll see what tomorrow brings, stay tuned!

7 comments:

  1. Great tag Lorna, your mosaics look brilliant! Well done finishing all the techniques, think I missed a couple.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mosaics, Lorna! They make a wonderful tag, so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding? This is the best example I've seen! I love the many pieces you made and your patchwork is awesome! Great shape too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you only knew Anita LOL. One of the tiles has a big bubble in it because I couldn't get it to lay flat - then I had too much alcohol ink on the tiles and you couldn't see the stamp under so I fixed that. THEN I stamped three different images until I decided that it was best if I went with something that wasn't a solid image because I couldn't make it work - it was crazy! I'm glad this one worked because I ran out of foil paper lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. As gorgeous as a quilt! Love the patchwork design and brilliant take on this challenge! Hope you have a wonderful 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS: Just became a follower and look forward to visiting often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks for visiting Terry :)

      Delete