Saturday, October 27, 2012

October edition of 12 tags of 2012

I don't have the brilliant BOO diecut that Tim used so I had to get a little creative.  I made a couple different tags using this month's techniques.
Here is Tim's tag
and here are mine

Since Halloween is just around the corner, I'm working hard this weekend!  Had to try Claudine Hellmuth's gesso transfer technique for myself and I LOVED the results.  I gave it a try with the  inkjet printer I have and, to save you the trouble,  the colors bled and the image was muddy.  Definitely use a laser printer or get a laser copy for this particular technique!

Here's the video, check it out and give it a try!



9 comments:

  1. Love your takes on Tim's tags! Your image transfer turned out beautifully! Thanks for sharing the video :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Halloween goodness! These are great, beyond great! I love the people images, and the pumpkins used in the transfer! Fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. son preciosas ambas, la técnica es muy interesante. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tags Lorna! So excited to see you as one of the 12 winners for October!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! congratulations Lorna you are a winner deserved award do a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! I wonder if adding talc to white paint would mimic gesso?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, not sure if that would work or not. If you try it let me know. Here is a thing I found on making your own gesso you might want to check out...
      http://www.ehow.com/info_12019680_can-make-own-gesso.html
      If you don't think you'll use much Claudine Hellmuth sells it in a small squeeze bottle that is ideal for this technique.

      Delete