Thursday, October 11, 2012

Alcohol Ink Resist

This week's Studio L3 challenge from Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities Vol. 2 is Alcohol Ink Resist, details to be found on page 59.  
This technique is a little tricky until you get the hang of it but once you do it is really fun to play with.  I did a little recycling and used some plastic packaging (from a Tim Holtz product of course!) as the base for the technique.  I love being able to utilize every piece of the products I get from Tim and make my money stretch and save a little piece of the earth at the same time :)  It's also fun to use these to die cut and emboss - don't throw out your packaging!
Anyway, here's my take on the technique :)  
Wishing you many creative wanderings!
-Lorna

3 comments:

  1. Very cool Lorna! I love the combination of the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant tag Lorna and 10/10 for recycling there! The colours are great and the image resist is fabulous. Thanks for calling by.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the halloween theme! I'm trying to figure out how you got the word to read correctly! HMMM! Fab tag!!!

    ReplyDelete