Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Blended Stains

This week's Studio L3 challenge from Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities vol. 2 is Blended Stains.   Please see page 21 from Tim's book for the details on this cool technique.  The challenge is sponsored by one of my favorite shops, Simon Says Stamp.
I love this skull stamp Tim put out this year!!  The skull also uses the blended technique (you can't see it as well because the colors I used were more subtle) I used antique linen and picket fence to give it an aged look.  I did the teeth with picket fence stain layered on with a brush to make them pop.
Happy stamping!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Especially like what you've done with the skull.Sandy Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fab tag, love this stamp too....notbused mine yet!need more time! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! You did a great job, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag everytime I see this skull stamp I feel my resolve weakening! I think I gotta get it , love the way you've used it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag Lorna! FAB background on the tag...yummy colors! I love how they make the skull pop out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this--I had to have that new TH stamp set because of the skull!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo! Lorna. Very spooky tag there. I love it.
    Thanks for popping by.
    Hettie.
    xx

    ReplyDelete