Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Halloween Configuration

Here is the configuration I did for the Studio L3 challenges 11 & 12.  The techniques come from Tim Holtz's awesome Compendium of Curiosities Vol. 2, pages 33 and 34.
I chose a Halloween theme for mine since that's the most awesome time of the year, and it's just around the corner!  
Here are some close ups so you can see more of the details.




I stuck in a few techniques I learned from Tim when I was luck enough to get to take his configurations class in person - check out the little light with the image over it below...that's a photo I printed on transparent paper and taped to a battery operated candle - pretty wicked huh?  Just one little Tim trick I thought I'd pass along, for the rest you'll have to get the book ;)



6 comments:

  1. So stinking cute!!! Love that you did Halloween!!! Great items!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!! Ww there is some much yummy Halloween goodies here, love it!! The pocket watch is a great addition, just love it! Crafty hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool Lorna! I love the pocket watch with Poe's picture. And that hearse is a great touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Repeat after me...It is SUMMER, Halloween cannot be 'just around the corner'! lol I love your box and am dying to know where everyone is getting the purely fabulous skeletons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - in crafting time everything is just around the corner ;) I got my skeleton from Michael's last year. Check out their Halloween decorations when they hit the stores, great for little tid bits.

      Delete
  5. Great box, yes I'd like one of those skeletons too! My boys would have loved this when they were little,they've flown the nest now so perhaps I'll have to wait and hope I'll be lucky enough to have some grandchildren to make such a box as this for. Fabulous work x

    ReplyDelete