Thursday, July 26, 2012

Guilded Kraft Glassine

This week's challenge on Studio L3 is the guilded kraft glassine technique from Tim's Compendium of Curiosities Vol 2, page 39.  Check out the book for the details but trust me, kraft glassine is very fun to work with and there are so many ways to alter it - very cool stuff.
With the triple digit heat wave and on-going drought where I am I find myself dreaming of my favorite time of year, FALL!  So I let that season inspire my tag this week.  The crackled look of the glassine after the technique is applied reminded me of leaves so I went with it...enjoy :)
If you're feeling inspired and need some supplies to create with, visit the sponsor of this week's challenge, The Funkie Junkie (I love that name!!) to get your crafty shopping fix.
PS it rained last night HOORAY!

3 comments:

  1. Great colours! Love the guilded leaves! A great tag!trace. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! The leaves look so real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love autumn and your tag justs screams it!!!! Gorgeous color here and your leaves are fantastic! They look so real and so veiny! I love how you flattened them for a totally different look. Super gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete