Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Repurposed Packaging

Compendium Of Curiosities Vol. 2, Challenge 8
Repurposed Packaging
I love this technique I can't wait to do more with it.  Check out the details in Tim's book, get your autographed copy here - well worth the price for all the inspiration you get!  Thanks to Linda at Studio L3 for keeping up the challenges!  I had a hard time getting a good photo showing all of the detail, sorry for the clutter of my workspace in the background ;)
Do something creative today!

11 comments:

  1. Lorna, this is just fabulous! Very steampunk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning tag! love how the embossed packaging gives it such great texture! And love the wings too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I love that embossing folder - it's the one I used too. This turned out great. I like the gears stamped behind the plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic Lorna!!! I love the whole design, and adding those wings is so special! Great texture! You have a new follower! Glad I found you on ATT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks Anita! I love your work so that really means a lot :)

      Delete
  5. Lorna this is just creative and wonderful!
    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tag!!! I was trying to figure out how you got that amazing color - I love the way you've used that Texture Fade! Very inspiring for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly :) To get the color I used Tim's rusted enamel technique. I used rusty hinge distress ink as the base, embossed it, then used walnut stain and black soot to highlight the parts where the clear embossing powder didn't stick. Then I went over it all again with another coat of clear embossing powder.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab tag, love the wings..they are great!!! Hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete