Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

For father's day this year I made my dad two tags.  The first I'm entering in Simon Says Stamp "Show a Bit of Brown" challenge.  I used an old picture of dad with his parents on the farm and a stampthat I got because it reminded me of the farmhouse he grew up in.  Both his parents are gone so I thought this would be a really special momento for him.  The second is my June 12 tags of 2012 tag.  I used my favorite picture of dad with me and my sister when we were kids.  I thought it was appropriate for June's tag to be Father's Day related.
He loved them both and I had so much fun going through old images to make them.  Happy Father's Day dad!!  Love you!




9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tags, love the images. A perfect way to honour your dad. Love the layout and all the sepia tones. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenges - wish I had more time to enter them all

      Delete
  2. Hi Lorna I love both your tags and I agree Tim's June tag was the perfect way to make a lovely keepsake for the special men in our lives. Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the two labels are especially beautiful and very romantic.
    congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lolita! I visited your blog the other day, you are doing some great work too!

      Delete
  4. I hear angels singing!!! These are my new favorite of yours! Absolutely fabulous!!!! Just beautiful and I so love the personal photos...all for daddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I liked them so much I want to do some more! I'm thinking of doing a little heritage tag book with some of the pictures I found and having mom and dad provide some family stories for journaling. Tim always gets the creative cogs in my head turning ;)

      Delete
  5. Great tags. Love that you are using pictures of your family. Your tinting is great. The tags become treasured keepsakes.

    ReplyDelete