Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Brushless Watercolor

Challenge 7 for Studio L3 From Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities Vol. 2 page 49
Sponsored by Eclectic Paperie
I threw in a few different watercolor techniques on this one but the one for the challenge is on the swirl accents. I like the way this turned out even though I wasn't crazy about the technique at first.  But once I gave it a chance I like how it gave the swirls an almost batik look.  That's part of what's great about these challenges, it gets you to try new things and find how they can work for you.
Hope you get inspired to create this week!
Enjoy

5 comments:

  1. love the composition of the tag and the colours you've chosen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful tag and love how you have put it together. will be back to visit more of your work again and have become your newest follower
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Catherine! Glad you like my work, I will be visiting your blog again too, I really like everything you've done :)

      Delete
  3. It really does look like batik, and it's wonderful! I love how you designed this, Lorna. The imagery is great and the Brushless Watercolor is absolute perfection!

    ReplyDelete