Sunday, April 8, 2012

12 Tags of 2012 April Tag

I made a few alterations on Tim's tag because I didn't have the die or embossing folder he used - and wouldn't you know it, I'm fresh out of crowns?!  ;)  I like How the changes in the elements changed the course I took with the tag, I think it has a totally different feel but is similar.  I'm enjoying the journey, Tim!
I had fun turning the tag in the embossing folder on it's side to get the sunrise effect.  I made my own crown out of some scrap paper I had that I cut to the shape I wanted.  To make it seem more like an embellishment and less like a piece of scrap, I coated it with glossy accents.  I love my little crown!  I didn't think the green embossing powder stood out enough after I had done it so I added green flocking to the tips of my limbs instead.  Also, I rubbed white paint on my metal accent to make the saying pop out more.  I really like this tag and had fun making it work with what I had.  Can't wait for next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment