Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spring has Sprung!

Spring is in the air along with Tim Holtz's new products!  I got inspired by his distress markers before I got some so I had to make do with some Distress Stain. For the butterflies, I used Distress Stain randomly on my stamps then spritzed them with water to get the watercolor look.  Cutting them out and inking the edges with black really made them look finished, they were a little rough before that.  For the background I used a technique I learned a while back where you collage with gesso and paint over it leaving some of the printed paper exposed.    The rose at the top was made using Tim Holtz's Pine Cone die and pink craft core stock paper.  I could make those flowers all day, very relaxing and each turns out a little different.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag! Love the sentiment and your gorgeous b'flies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is awesome - great job on the butterflies, and I love the lacey heart trim down the side. Thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete