Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

For those of you that aren't familiar with Tim Holtz's plaid technique it is super fun and hard to stop making new patterns once you learn it.  You need glossy cardstock, alcohol inks, an ink applicator tool and replacement felts.  Choose several colors of alcohol ink you think look good together and put a drop or two of each in a row on your felt.  Swipe this down the area you want to plaid and repeat until width is covered.  Then swipe across repeating until length is covered.  Wah Lah!  Plaid :)
Here is the tag I did in honor of St. Patrick's Day for the Grungy Monday plaid challenge

Here is the link to Tim's tutorial for a more in depth look at this technique... http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/12/12-tags-of-christmasday-3.html
Of course while I had my stuff out I couldn't stop at just that, I got a little carried away when I saw how cute the little plaid bunnies and butterflies were that I made.  Hopefully some of these will end up in an Easter project :) For now they are sitting on my desk waiting for me to get inspired...


1 comment: