Saturday, March 24, 2012

Creative Chemistry Day 4

Not my favorite day of class but I like what I did.  Sometimes it's good to stick with a technique you don't think you'll use so you understand it and can add it to your knowledge base.  The first one was watercolor with Distress ReInkers - I had fun with that but need more practice.  The second one was a spritz technique where you spritz ink and use stencils...I didn't like this because it's too messy for me but the tag came out good - it reminds me of batik.  The last one I'm not happy with my color combinations but I'm glad I learned it.  This was a technique where you create your own custom stamp pad so you can stamp an image with the same colors over and over again.  I think I'll use this when I am doing "assembly line" creations like cards for Christmas!


8 comments:

  1. Lorna te quedaron increibles!
    la primera parecen recortes fotográficos y la segunda se ve tan antigua que me encanta. y la última es entintado el sello con marcadores? así me lo parece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! En realidad, la última etiqueta se realiza mediante el cutom tinta para técnica de Tim se acerca en la clase. Aquí hay un tutorial que encontré en línea para que http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m71iLpnCheI~~V si usted está interesado

      Delete
  2. Well done Lorna, and your class notes are exactly the same as mine :) plastic pockets and a hinged ring. Great minds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been surprized at some of the techniques I've tried and ended up really liking despite my initial reluctance to embrace it. I really like the spray tag technique. I'd like to retry the custom stamp pad one day with the cut n dry felt and experiment. I'm using my make do one from Christmas for a 40x swap so it came in real handy for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! I feel like I'm really expanding my bag of tricks...I'm already starting to make more interesting tags on my own - so much fun to learn new things!

      Delete